Blue Vintage Wishes

Good morning!
I hope you're having a great week! As usual, mine is flying right by, but it's always good to be busy so I won't complain. I didn't get any stamping time in over the weekend because Josh was home but I plan to make up for that this weekend.
Today's card is the one I did for my mother-in-law for her birthday but ended up not sending because Rich bought her one instead. What's up with that?!
The card base is a 5.25 x 10.5 piece of Baja Breeze folded. I layered a 5 inch square of Springtime Vintage dsp over the front to get things started. Next I punched the edge of a 3 x 5 inch strip of Wild Wasabi with my Fiskars Lacy Days of Summer border punch and then layered a strip of green stripe dsp from the same paper pack and a strip of Stardreams Opal that I embossed with the Sizzix Victoria embossing folder. Finally, to finish that piece off, I tied a piece of ivory grosgrain ribbon around the whole thing.
The blue floral panel is a piece of Baja Breeze layered with the small blue print from Springtime Vintage. The flower and leaves are from Flower Fancy and I stamped them on Stardreams Opal with Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored them with Copics.
*****A little note on that before I go on. Memento inks are definitely the best choice for stamping when you're going to color with Copics, however using a somewhat slick paper like Stardreams presents a bit of a challenge. I had to be really careful not to smudge the black ink. I think it turned out okay, but I will have to seek out a different ink if I ever try this again.
So, back to the card. Once I had the flower and leaves colored and cut out, I adhered them to the card with glue dots and foam dimensionals. The sentiment is from Short and Sweet and is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Baronial Ivory. I punched it out with the small oval punch then layered it on Baja Breeze (medium oval punch) and Stardreams Opal (Scallop oval punch). To finish things off, I added a few Kaiser half pearls.

S: Flower Fancy, Short & Sweet
P: Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Stardreams Opal, Springtime Vintage DSP
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: Kaiser half pearls, small and medium oval punches, scallop oval punch, ribbon, Sizzix Victoria embossing folder, dimensionals, glue dots
Copics: B12, BG10, B91, G20, BG72, YG63

Labels: , , ,