Pooh's Valentine- a tad late...

Good morning!
I know I am way off the mark here with another Valentine, but this was my February Monthly 16 card and I have a soft spot in my heart for Winnie the Pooh so I just had to share it with you.
The Pooh Mail stamp is from a cute little foam-mount set that I bought AGES ago way before I ever really got started stamping. I cannot remember the name of the company that made it because - of course - it never occurred to me to keep track of that way back when. Anyway, I stumbled across it several weeks back when I was cleaning out some stuff for my pal Lydia, and fell in love all over again. It fell right in line with my sketch for my February card so here we are!
The card base is a half sheet (trimmed) of Blush Blossom layered on a quarter sheet of Close to Cocoa. I added two bands of Bella Rose dsp across the face of the card horizontally and another longer strip vertically to create the background. This also gave me my coloring cues for Christopher Robin and Pooh which are colored with Copics.
The little mini envelope is cut from another print from the Bella Rose pack using a Big Shot mini envelope die. Christopher Robin and Pooh are stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on Neenah Solar White and layered on Cherry Cobbler. I trimmed the edges of the Cherry Cobbler layer with a decorative scissors I had so it looks like the perforated edge of a postage stamp. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Valentine Sayings and is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa as well. I adhered the envelope and the layered CR & P piece to the card and added a little heart-shaped half pearl to the upper right corner. The stamped image actually has a heart in that spot so it seemed to call for something a little 3D there.

Thanks for popping in!

S: Pooh Mail (sorry I have no clue who made the set!), Hero Arts: Valentine Sayings
P: Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Cherry Cobbler, Neenah Solar White, Bella Rose DSP
I: Memento Rich Cocoa
A: Hero Arts: pearl hearts, Fiskars edge scissors, Big Shot Mini Envelope Die
Copics: E00, E41, E55, R00, R08, BG10, BG72, G20, YG95, YR21


Labels: , , , , ,