Hearts a Flutter

Yay!   It's Friday!!!
This has been one of those whirlwind weeks where I just want to stop spinning and slow things down a bit. This weekend I have lots to do too, but hopefully we get the warmer weather we've been promised so I can get the chubby dog out for a stroll or two too.
The hubby and I are going out for our Valentine's dinner on Saturday night so he may even see me in a dress (gasp) if the temperature climbs a bit. At -15 below dresses are an absolute no in the morning.  Oh well... what was that mantra again?   Oh yeah...we love Minnesota...

Anyway, on to today's card. I have another valentine to share today that actually turned out kind of cute. The card base is Neenah Solar White layered on Melon Mambo. I covered most of the front with a strip of Petals and Paisleys DSP in Pretty in Pink and another of some green floral from The Paper Company that I also trimmed with a couple punched Melon Mambo scallop edges.
The two largest hearts are cut with Spellbinders hearts and scallop hearts dies. The Chocolate Chip heart is stamped repeatedly with the XOXO from Hero Arts Valentine Sayings in Craft White. The Melon Mambo heart was passed through the Cuttlebug using the Divine Swirls folder. I tied the ribbon next and then punched a bunch of little hearts from the three paper colors using the Heart to Heart punch. A few I embossed with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss folder and the rest were left plain. I scattered and stacked them somewhat randomly and used a combination of glue dots and dimensionals to adhere them to the card. Finally, the sentiment was stamped last with Chocolate Chip.

Thanks for popping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

S: Hero Arts: Valentine Sayings
P: Melon Mambo, Neenah Solar White, Chocolate Chip, Pirouette Pink, Pretty in Pink, Petals & Paisleys DSP, The Paper Company: Green Mini Flowers
I: Chocolate Chip, White Craft
A: ribbon, Spellbinders hearts and scallop hearts, Cuttlebug Divine Swirls and Dotted Swiss embossing folders, Fiskars Threading Water punch, Heart to Heart punch, dimensionals

Labels: , , , , ,