Holiday Houses

Good morning!
I'm so excited because Josh is coming home today! He's been neck deep in final projects and final exams so even talking to him on the phone has been a challenge. (The conversations have been pretty short!) Anyway, I had the whole "Home for the Holidays"  thing running through my head this weekend so I thought this was a good card to share today.
It's similar to another one that I'd posted earlier from the batch I did for my mom, but on a larger scale. The paper really did all the work and now, I'm a little sad to say I don't have much of it left! I may have to sneak over to Archivers later today and buy some more.
Detail shot of the popped up house & glittered rooftops
Anywhoo... The card base is a 5.25x10.5 piece of Chocolate Chip that I layered with a 5x4 piece of October Afternoon Wrap the Presents and a 5x1.5 strip of Imaginesce Pine and Peppermint stripe. Over the seam, I layered a row of houses from October Afternoon Very Merry and then added a hand-trimmed popped up house to the middle one. All of the rooftops and the snowman are glittered 'cause of course they're covered with sparkly fresh snow!
Finally, the greeting is one I did on my computer (leftovers from my Mom's cards). I layered that on a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip then layered it on a Real Red Modern Label punch piece that I cut in half lengthwise so it would be wide enough to show up on top and bottom. This whole piece is mounted to the card with foam dimensionals just like the popped up house is.  A little red gingham ribbon finishes the whole thing off.

Happy Holidays everyone! Only 5 more days 'til Christmas!!!

S & I: None
P: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Neenah Solar White, October Afternoon Wrap the Presents and Very Merry, Imaginesce Pine and Peppermint
A: ribbon (Bazzill), Modern Label punch, 2 way glue, prisma glitter, foam dimensionals

Labels: , , ,