Best Buds

Good morning!
I hope you're all staying warm where you are because it's ridiculously cold here. I have to brave it in a little while and am not looking forward to it. Oh well...life in Minnesota and all that.
Today's card is one I put together last week when I was playing around with the square layouts and I had this cute Whippersnapper Designs stamp that was calling to me. It reminds me of my boys of course.

The card base is a 5.25 x 10.5 piece of More Mustard layered with a 5 inch square of East Coast Prep DSP stripe. I trimmed another piece of the argyle paper from the same assortment with two EK Success Zig Zag Stitched edge punch strips of Real Red and adhered that to the lower half of the card. The boys are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Solar White and colored with Copics. I cut them out with the Spellbinders Labels 2 die and then hand cut the same shape 1/8 inch larger from More Mustard. Finally, I cut the next die size up from Real Red and layered the three together. They're adhered to the card with foam dimensionals.  The little "best friend" (Everyday Flexible Phrases) tags are stamped and hand trimmed and then adhered to a Real Red 7/8 inch circle which is layered in a 1 inch Tempting Turquoise circle. Finally, the button is hand stitched with wax thread and adhered with a glue dot over the top of the little sentiment tag ends and then the whole piece is adhered to the card.  

Enjoy your day!
S: Whippersnapper Designs- Levi and Cruz, Everyday Flexible Phrases
P: More Mustard, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Neenah Solar White, East Coast Prep DSP
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: foam dimensionals, wax thread, Spellbinders Labels 2, button, 7/8 and 1 inch circle punches, EK Success  Zig Zag Stitch edge punch
Copics: E00, E11, E15, E19, E25, E35, E39, E44, E49, E55, E57, YR14, YR24, BG15, BG32, B95, B97, B39, RV32, R35, R29, R39, Y38 

Labels: , ,