Let the Wizarding Resume!

Hello!
For all the Harry Potter fans out there, I have a card to get the countdown to the new movie off to a start. We're huge fans here in the Sacrison house and we can't wait for the next movie to come out. Only 11 more days!!!
Josh took all of the previous movies with him to college so Rich and I are going to have to either rent or make do with whatever they show on televison leading up to the release but I know Josh will go see the movie with us over Thanksgiving break if we haven't already gone to see it ourselves.
This week I am sending off a little movie countdown care package to Josh so, of course I had to include a card suitable to the occasion!
I just downloaded these adorable images from Bugaboo stamps and have been madly coloring all week! (I bought the whole set!) I'll have a few other cards coming up with the other characters.
For this card, I started with a half sheet of Bazzill Leapfrog cardstock. The characters are printed on Neenah Solar White and colored with Copics. I layered them on a 1/8 inch larger piece of Early Espresso and then cut a piece of More Mustard 1/4 inch larger. The black punched strip is done with my EK Success Edger Punch and is layered on Cherry Cobbler. To make the hanger for the frame, I just used a thin strip of black, tucked the ends behind the More Mustard piece and added the hand tied button at the point. When I put it all together, the More Mustard piece went down first followed by the Cherry Cobbler and punched black. There's a glue dot holding the button down. Finally the layered character piece was adhered over everything. The faux stitching is done with a Black Jelly Roll Glaze pen at the end.
The inside is a panel of white trimmed with a strip of More Mustard, two punched strips of black and another narrower strip of Cherry Cobbler.

Thanks so much for stopping in! Have a wonderful day!


S: Bugaboo Stamps Harry Potter Bundle: The Chosen One, The Brave One, The Sidekick
P: Bazzill Leapfrog, More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Neenah Solar White
A: button, waxed thread, EK Success Edger Punch, Jelly Roll Glaze pen-black
Copics: (Hair) E49, E15, E19, E25, E44, (Faces) E0000, E00, E11, E41, RV32, Clothing/Accessories: C7, N4, R39, YR24, E25, C1, G99, YG95, G20, Animals: C1, E35, E55, R00

Labels: , , ,