Four-square Christmas

Good morning!
I apologize for not posting last night. I was up to my elbows in pie crust, pumpkin and spices and didn't have time to get a post in. We're trying out some new recipes for Thanksgiving this year and, while I am excited to see if my "from scratch"cooking skills are still working and the recipes all sound like they will be wonderful, I have a feeling my week is going to be spent in the kitchen. Today is the first test though, because one of the pies I made last night is going to work with Rich for a potluck. Here's hoping I don't poison anyone...
I'll post later on how well received (or not) the pie was.
In the mean time, I have another Christmas card to share.
This one sort of came together with bits and pieces so the color combo isn't what I would normally throw together. My friend Coleen seemed to like it well enough though - she opted to copy this one for one of her cards this year.
The card base is Bayou Blue layered on Cherry Cobbler. (Love, love, love that color!). I ran the front through my Cuttlebug with the Ornaments folder and then went to work layering together the other pieces. The four little images are from Holiday Basics and are stamped on Neenah Solar White with Cherry Cobbler, Bayou Blue, Wild Wasabi and More Mustard. I punched each one with my 1 inch square punch and then layered them on a 2-3/8ish square of Basic Black. That was layered on Cherry Cobbler and then on Stardreams Opal. The sentiment is layered in a similar manner and is stamped with Wild Wasabi. I added a little glimmer to the images and the sentiment with my Gelly Roll glitter pen but you really can't see it very well in the picture. Sorry!

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day!

S: Holiday Basics, Christmas Greetings
P: Cherry Cobbler, Blue Bayou, Basic Black, Neenah Solar White, Stardreams Opal
I: Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Cherry Cobbler,  More Mustard
A: 1 inch square punch, gelly roll glitter pen, Cuttlebug Ornaments embossing folder

Labels: , , ,