Have a Merry, Merry

Hello!
I hope your Monday is off to a good start. We had a beautiful weekend that I felt compelled to enjoy, so I didn't get all of the cards done that I'd hoped to. I'll whittle away at them this week as I have time. We're at that point in the year when a sunny day is to be appreciated and enjoyed because all too soon it will be hideously cold out and all I'll want to do is tuck in and stay warm.
Today I have a monochrome card for you that really went in a bunch of different directions before I finally figured something out that I liked. I think I still have some parts and pieces left over that just didn't want to play well with the other elements. Ever have that problem?
Anyway, I was happy to discover that the flower from Spotlight on Christmas matched the designer paper so I started there. The flower is stamped in white and just left to dry. I toyed with embossing it but decided I like the more muted look a little better. The red strip across the middle is  dry embossed with the Sizzix Baroque folder. Sorry, it doesn't show up very well in the photo but it's really pretty in real life. The rest of the card is mostly punches and layering so I won't go into all that. Here's the list of supplies used:  
S: Hero Arts: Holiday Sayings, Spotlight on Christmas  P: Real Red, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Stardreams Opal, October Afternoon: Very Merry  I: Real Red, White Craft  A: Scallop Trim Border punch, scallop cricle punch, 1-1/2 in. circle punch, Quikutz Nested Flowers, Crystal Stickers gems, Sizzix Baroque embossing folder

Have a wonderful day!

Labels: , , , , ,