Punched Ruffles

Good morning! Today I have a card that I copied from one I saw on Michelle Yungbauer's blog Stamp and Smile. Last week she posted a whole assortment of cards and did an awesome job of inspiring me! I copied several of her ideas- some I changed up a bit and some I just duplicated - but I sure had fun doing it! Check out her blog when you get a chance.
This particular card is patterned after a baby card Michelle did. I added several more rows and used Thoroughly Modern DSP instead of different colored cardstock but the general layout is the same. My version ended up being a wonderful way to show off all of the different paper designs from one assortment. I don't know about you, but sometimes I really hate that the designer papers are two-sided. Inevitably there's at least one sheet that has a design I love on both sides! That's about the time my hoarding tendencies kick in and I hold off using any of it! Anyway, for this card I cut 1-1/4 inch strips of each different design and just reversed and shuffled the different edge punches so I didn't stack two of the same on top of one another.  This idea is also good for using up little strips of paper that you have lying around. Gee... who has THAT problem? Yeah, I know...EVERYBODY!
Thanks for stopping in! Have a wonderful day!
STAMPS: Three for You, Congrats  PAPER: Soft Suede, Confetti Ivory, Thoroughly Modern DSP  INK: Bermuda Bay  ACCESS: Heart Trio Punch, country heart punch, flower punch (EK Success), Fiskars Threading Water edge punch, EK Success dotted wave, pinking hearts, and scallop trim punches and Marth Stewart lace scallop punch, gold cord, stapler

Labels: , , ,