Hi Friend!

Happy Sunday!
I am starting a major painting project today that, I am sure, will take me most of the week to finish so I wanted to get this posted before I start tackling all the prep-work for that. I have one of those houses where all the walls, from the lower level on up is one continuous wall after another. It's almost impossible to paint just one room so you'd better like the color you pick because it's going to be everywhere! Anywhoo, I have help so it's not all bad.
So about the card...
This is another one that is pretty much stamp-free. the "Hi Friend" piece at the bottom is from the DCWV Songbird stack as is most of the background paper. The flowers are some silk flowers that I bought on clearance several years ago just about the time Primas were really hitting the market. I'm pretty thrifty in some areas, and at the time, I balked at the pricetag on the Primas. Plus, unless I colored my own, I couldn't always find them in the colors I liked. So... a friend and I got the idea to just buy silk flowers and pull them apart which is what these are. We picked 5 or 6 different flower stems in various colors, spent maybe $0.50 to $1.00 each and ended up with more flowers that we knew what to do with! Try it - you'll be amazed at the variety out there!
And now, I am off to start a pot of coffee and grab my painter's tape. Enjoy your day!

STAMPS: none PAPER: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Old Olive, DCWV The Guy Stack,  DCWV Songbird Stack  INK: none  ACCESS: brads, 1/2˝ circle punch, silk flowers, scallop edge punch

Labels: , , ,