Twyla's Housewarming

Happy Friday!
Twyla, my absolute best friend in the whole world, bought her first house earlier this year so I whipped her up a little something. I suppose I could have waiting until she planned a housewarming party to give it to her, but I ask you, where's the fun in that!?  Besides, I'd just purchased a new paper stack from DCWV called, very appropriately, At Home and it was calling out to me. The stack has all sorts of fun papers in it including this one with the big, splashy chocolate flowers. I don't know about the rest of you, but I struggle with large prints like this generally, so I was happily surprised when both the card and gift bag came together so nicely. The stamp set is Great Friend (no coincidence, I assure you).
For the card, I started with a square piece of light moss green paper (Archiver's) and layered that over the Always Artichoke card. I didn't do much with the inside of the card other than to layer in a square of Vanilla.  Next I layered a couple pieces of that snappy flowered paper in two opposing corners then layered the Garden Trellis (Martha Stewart) border punch strip and the satin ribbon (Waste Not Paper) across the middle. The Chocolate Chip and Moss squares came next.  The frame and sentiment are both stamped with Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla and I used my Spellbinders labels 9 to cut it and the Chocolate Chip layer. The butterflies are stamped with Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke and hand trimmed with a few pearls to decorate the bodies.  Finally, I used the Little Leaves Sizzlet die to cut a couple of leaf sprays from Always Artichoke cardstock. The butterflies are adhered with glue dots, but everything else is adhered directly to the card.

For the gift bag, I just took a plain white gift bag and glued a panel of the same Moss cardstock, a band of the floral paper and another punched border strip on both front and back so it would match the card.  Here's a shot of them together.  I filled the bag with a bunch of yummy smelling candles etc for the house. 

STAMPS: Great Friend  PAPER: Moss cs (Archivers), Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla  INK: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip  ACCESS: MS Garden Trellis border punch, Sizzlets Little Leaf die, Spellbinders labels 9, ribbon (Waste Not Paper), pearls (Recollections)

Labels: , ,