Blushing Violet Blooms

Hi there! Yay! Saturday is here! I slept in this morning... right up until about 5:30 when my dog decided his bladder had waited quite long enough to be relieved and his stomach chimed in for kibble. The cats put their two cents in too. Gotta love the critters, but seriously - could I get more than one measly hour of sleep-in time? Guess not. (sigh) Maybe tomorrow...

Today's card is one of those "what's the occasion?" cards that sometimes happen. I think it started out as a sympathy card but took a different direction at some point. You'll note there's no defining sentiment on the front, so I imagine it will decide to be something specific when I get around to actually using it.
The card base is a lilac textured cardstock from American Crafts. I layered that on a square of Old Olive and then layered a square and a strip of DSP from the Cottage Wall pack. Next, I punched the lace strip from another piece of the lilac cs and layered that over the top. The center panels are cut with Spellbinders Lables 1 from Old Olive and Whisper White. I ran the white layer through my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder to add some texture and then adhered both to the card. The flowers are stamped with Elegant Eggplant and the leaves with Old Olive. I used my water pen to blend a little color from the stamping into the image and soften the edges some. Next, I hand trimmed all the pieces and adhered them to the card either directly or  with a dimensional. Finally, I added a touch of glitter to the flower centers and tied the ribbon around the middle.

Enjoy your Saturday!
STAMPS: Flower Fancy  PAPER: Lilac textured (American Crafts), Old Olive, Cottage Wall DSP, Whisper White  INK: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive  ACCESS: Spellbinders labels 1, Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss EF, MS Doily Lace Trim punch, Prisma glitter, satin ribbon, dimensionals, water pen, 2 way glue


Labels: , , , , ,