Curry Plaid Congratulations

Happy Monday! I had such a great weekend - I hope all of you were just as fortunate. Our weather was gorgeous and I finally got a few things taken care of in my yard that have been hanging in limbo while we waited for some sunny days. Josh's graduation party is coming up fast and we have so much to do - it's a little overwhelming - but at least I feel like I've made a start!

Today I have another card from my One Sheet Wonder anniversary group. For this one I pulled out some older retired wheels that I had and added a little plaid accent piece using the same color scheme. To be honest, I was a bit dismayed to see all the colors that are going away this year with Stampin Up! - especially all of the lavenders, but I'm also happy to see some of the recent In colors either staying or making a come back.  I guess I just need to find some new favorites right?

Since my OSW more or less dictates what colors I'm using for these cards, I changed things up by using different colors for the cards themselves. That way I didn't end up with eight cards all the same color. This one is Crushed Curry with a Wild Wasabi layer tucked in. For the plaid piece I just used the same colors that I used on the OSW piece. The sentiment is from Congrats and is layered on Rich Razzleberry, and the trio of flowers are all stamped with Melon Mambo. the varying colors are the result of stamping the same flower 3 times without inking in between.

Thanks for wandering by! Here are all the parts and pieces I used:
STAMPS: Flashy Florals, Congrats, asst. stripe wheels PAPER: Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Rich Razzleberry, Naturals Ivory  INK: Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry  ACCESS: sponge, dimensionals, ribbon

Labels: , , ,