Cherish

Hello!
I just got home from a little 25th anniversary B&B weekend with my hubby so I have anniversaries on my mind at the moment. We stayed at this wonderful little B&B called the Country Comfort Inn in Menomonie, WI. The owners are delightful, the house is gorgeous and, thanks to a king-sized dream of a bed, I had the nap of a lifetime yesterday! Bliss I tell you. Bliss! Anyway, our actual anniversary is on Tuesday so I'll be sharing the card that I made for Rich then, but this one is part of a group of eight that I did by stamping an entire sheet of Natural Ivory cardstock with a background design and then cutting it apart for several cards. It's called a One Sheet Wonder. This isn't a new technique by any means,  but it's one worth remembering - especially if you are in need of a lot of cards fast! Seriously, it took me less than a couple of hours to do all 8 cards. I'll share more later on.
Since my basis for all of these cards was the portion of the full sheet that I stamped up, I just selected a variety of coordinating card stock colors for the cards themselves. This one is Regal Rose with a little Melon Mambo for an accent.  The other colors are So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry and the ribbon is some of the Kiwi Kiss/Vanilla from last year's In Colors. I sponged the edges of the floral panel with Old Olive and stamped and hand trimmed the extra rose and leaves which are popped up on a dimensional. The "Cherish" sentiment is from an Art Warehouse set called Love and the flowers and leaves are all from Flashy Florals.

Thanks for stopping in! I'll have more cards from this One Sheet Wonder group to share coming up!

STAMPS: Flashy Florals, Art Warehouse - Love   PAPER: Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Naturals Ivory  INK: Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Crushed Curry  ACCESS :kiwi/vanilla satin ribbon, dimensionals, sponge


Labels: , , , , ,