Easter Cross

Happy Easter everyone! I'm a little late in the day with this, so I apologize, but I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We had a gorgeous 70 plus degree day here with lots of sunshine. Really a perfect day for Easter celebrations.
I'll admit I took the easy route this year and opted to go to a very nice Easter brunch at one of our favorite restaurants - Granite City. They have the most fabulous brunch buffet and caramel rolls you would absolutely die for. Hot out of the oven and dripping with caramel.Yummmmmmmmm!
Anyway, after stuffing ourselves silly- we came home, lazed about a bit and I spent a good chunk of the afternoon backing up my laptop. I have a new laptop coming later this week and I am SOOOOO excited but all this served to eat up my afternoon which put me behind in posting.  Gee, aren't you glad I went into all that?!
So here's the card. (finally)
I made this one at that retreat I went to in February. The cross is a stamp that was tucked into a drawer at the retreat house so I have no clue what company made it. (sorry). The little flowers and flourish are from Friendship Blooms and while picky as all get out to cut out, they do add that little somethin'-somethin' to make an otherwise very plain cross very pretty. I tried out my (then) new Scallop Trim Border punch too. The embossed strip across the middle is done with a Sizzix Vines embossing folder. I stamped the cross and all the flowers with Perfect Plum and Pale Plum with a little Always Artichoke for the flourishes. The rest is just basic layering.

Happy Easter everyone! Have a great week!

STAMPS: cross (unknown), Friendship Blooms

PAPER:Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Very Vanilla
INK:Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke
ACCESSORIES:gemstones (Hero Arts), dimensionals, Vines EF (Sizzix), Scallop Trim Border punch

Labels: , ,