Follow your heart

Hey there! Today I have a card that I did the weekend before last at the stamping retreat I went to. Mostly I scrapbooked while I was there, but I snuck in a few cards here and there too just to break up the monotony. I have 17 years worth of photos to get into albums before June when the subject matter graduates from high school. Maybe, just maybe, I'll make it.

Anyway, this card is one of a pair that I did on Saturday. I so love the Blossoms Abound set but it seems to lend itself pretty heavily to lavendars, plums and the occasional pinks but orange? I've not seen it used too much with that color. So, I thought I'd give it a whirl.
The card base is Certainly Celery layered with a piece of Groovy Guava that I ran through a Sizzix embossing folder called Vines. The blossoms are stamped on Very Vanilla with Dusty Durango and Ruby Red plus Old Olive for the stems and the greeting which is punched with a 1-1/2 inch circle punch and then layered on a scallop circle of Ruby Red. The blossom piece is layered on Ruby Red and punched along one edge with Fiskars' Threading Water punchand the ribbon is tied around the Groovy Guava piece before adhering it in place. Finally, the greeting is popped up on a dimensional.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your day!

STAMPS: Blossoms Abound, Whimsical Words

PAPER:Certainly Celery, Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla
INK:Dusty Durango, Ruby Red, Old Olive
ACCESSORIES:1-1/2 in. circle punch, scallop circle punch, threading water border punch (Fiskars), ribbon, Vines embossing folder (Sizzix)

Labels: , , ,