Halloween Fly By


Happy Halloween!

Okay, is it over yet?
I know there are LOTS of people out there who love Halloween. I am not one of them, however. I will admit to a love of pumpkin carving though, and  somewhere along the line I have accumulated a variety of Halloween stamps so I guess it does have a few merits!
This card is somewhat of a duplicate of the project we did in my September card class at work which I just realized I did not post. Oops! I meant to really! Well, here it is! Cute huh? I gave each of the class participants a little cello bag of assorted candies to tuck inside the little box for a little treat. I can't attest to how much of the candy actually made it home that day, but that's another matter entirely!
Anywhoo...back to the card. The card base (Only Orange) is cut using the Sizzix Movers & Shapers BigShot window die and is then layered on a quarter sheet of Basic Black. I stamped the witch on Whisper White with Basic Black and colored her with markers. She's adhered behind the window on the inside. The sentiment and the little cobweb (Halloween Greetings-Hero Arts) are stamped with Basic Black. To finish it off, I tied a little lime and white striped ribbon (Bazzill) near the fold and added three tiny purple gems under the sentiment.
STAMPS: Hero Arts October, Hero Arts Halloween Greetings  PAPER: Only Orange, Basic Black, Whisper White  INK: Basic Black pad, Orchid Opulence, Luscious Lime, Only Orange markers  ACCESSORIES: gems (Crystal Stickers), ribbon (Bazzill)
Now for the box:
I started with a half sheet of Only Orange cs scored at 1 inch along one long edge and at 1/2, 1-1/2, 4-1/2 and 5-1/2 in the opposite direction. When assembled, the box is 4-1/2 in. high, 3 in. wide and 1 in. deep. The front panel is layered with a piece of black and white polkadot designer paper. The sentiment and witch are stamped with Basic Black on Whisper White and the latter is colored with markers. Both are layered on Luscious Lime. Three little gems bling up the bottom right corner a bit and after punching the top with the slot punch a little ribbon ties the box shut. After the treats are tucked inside of course!

Thanks for "flyin by!" 

Labels: , ,