Razzleberry Friend


Hi there! This week I've been trying to play around with this Razzleberry Lemonade DSP and while it still doesn't appeal to me as much as I'd have liked, at least it seems to be cooperating with me. I'm hoping to whip up a few more samples this weekend so maybe I'll end up liking it after all. Ha!
Today I have another square that I worked a fair amount of stitching into. My sewing machine decided to cooperate finally too so, whoo hoo! Success!
The card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Rich Razzleberry folded in half. The designer paper layers are all stitched together prior to mounting on the card. I started with a 5 inch square, layered a 3-1/2x4 rectangle over that and then added a 1-1/2 x 4-1/4 strip. Each piece is stitched in turn. The scallop circles came next, and because the DSP pattern I picked (the Melon Mambo pink) sort of got lost without something to make the edges pop I layered it on a slightly offset scallop circle of Rich Razzleberry. Those two pieces were zig-zag stitched in three places. The ribbon and buttons came next followed by a couple of cut out flowers from True Friend that are stamped with Crushed Curry. The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White with Rich Razzleberry, colored with Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry markers,  punched with the large oval punch and layered on a scallop oval punch of Rich Razzleberry. I mounted this last piece up on a dimensional to help even out the height of the card a bit. (The knot on the ribbon is kinda high). Finally, though you can't see it here, I mounted a square of Whisper White and a couple of thin strips of the designer paper inside since the card itself is so dark.
Here's the list of supplies:
STAMPS: True Friend  PAPER: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemondade DSP  INK: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry  ACCESSORIES: Melon Mambo marker, Crushed Curry marker, saffron twill ribbon, asst buttons, lg oval punch, scallop oval punch(Marvy), scallop circle punch (Punch A Bunch), glue dots, dimensional, sewing machine

Thanks again for stopping by!
See you soon!

Labels: ,