And the winner is...

Drum roll please...

Lynn Peterson!!!! And the crowd goes wild! Hear the roar! Okay, maybe not, but Lynn did win the blog candy from my last Sunday Stash Challenge so congratulations to her!

Personally, I've been pretty much incognito all week due to a Summer cold that just will not go away. Today I am finally at the point where my head doesn't ache but I'm blowing my nose every five minutes so it's a toss up which is worse. I've been going to bed around 8:00 all week hoping to kick this thing so my blogging has suffered.

So, tonight, in addition to the blog candy announcement, I have a card that I made recently as part of the pile of cards I did for my dentist's office. I actually have lots more of those to share so stay tuned!


This card is one that my pal Twyla set the tone for.

She wanted something bright and cheery so we pulled out the citrus-y colors and went to work. The flowers are all from Flower Fancy. We started with a 5-1/4 x 8 piece of Whisper White and folded that in half. The small detail flower and leaves are stamped randomly over the face with Summer Sun and Green Galore and then we mounted it on a quarter sheet of Summer Sun. The flower and stem are stamped in Chocolate Chip on a piece of Whisper White that I ran through my Nestabilities Labels Two and colored with markers (Summer Sun, Only Orange, Gable Green and Green Galore). I cut a piece of Summer Sun with the same Nestabilities set in a size larger then layered the two pieces together. I punched a slot along the left edge with the Slot Punch and threaded a length of lime green 3/8 in organdy ribbon through to tie around the front of the card. The sentiment (Hero Arts Thoughts of You) is stamped on Whisper White with Chocolate Chip, punched with the small oval punch and then layered punched circle of Summer Sun (1-1/8 in) and a Green Galore Designer Label punched piece. All of these are adhered together and mounted up on a dimensional.

Thanks for looking!

I'm off work tomorrow (It's my birthday!!!) so I'll pop back in with something new plus a preview of this next week's blog candy!


Labels: , , , , ,