Sunday Stash Challenge #19 - Lavender Damask

Hello and welcome back! We just came home from our local theater where we saw the new Harry Potter movie. We're pretty much die-hard followers, have read all the books (more than once in some instances) and I can even say I was willing to go to a Midnight release of book seven. I've heard mixed reviews on the movie, but while there are a couple of small things that I noticed were handled differently in the movie I still really enjoyed it. We're nearing the end now with only one more movie to go and I'm actually a little sad to see things coming to an end. Of course I can watch the DVDs indefinitely but even so. At any rate, I spent a good chunk of the afternoon at Hogwarts with Harry, Ron and Hermoine so things got backed up a bit here. The good news is, I have what I hope you will agree is a very pretty inspirational photo and a card that I am pleased with to share with you. I also have MORE BLOG CANDY! Alvina Cook is the winner of last week's treat so congratulations to her! You might note that she didn't have any competition so I would hazard to say that should you participate this week the odds are pretty darn good you'll win!
This week I went back to the garden in search of a little lavender. Oh, how I wish my garden looked like that! Anyway, the colors are pretty together and I think there's enough contrasts that you should be able to come up with any number of beautiful creations. Have fun!

Here's my sample:

I started with an Elegant Eggplant base cut 10-1/2 x 5-1/4 folded in half. Over that I layered a 5-1/8 square of Perfect Plum. Next came a couple of pieces of designer paper from K & Company's Black & Ivory Fusion collection. A little stitching on my sewing machine, some distressing and s ponging to make things look aged plus a big damask medallion (InkADinkADo-Bold Damask) and the base is pretty much done. The centerpiece on this card is made up of several layers that include a square of Elegant Eggplant that I dressed up with my Nestabilities Labels One and a couple rhinestone Circle Ice brads, a piece of Basic Black under a little more designer paper and the verse which is done one Very Vanilla with Elegant Eggplant ink and layered on Old Olive. A little sponging with Kiwi Kiss softened the edges of the vanilla and a run through the Nestabilities finish them off. Finally, a little bit of black ribbon and a glittery butterfly complete things.

The inside is set up to coordinate of course!

So, do you need a little incentive to play along?

This week's blog candy is this cute little tiered gift box. It's perfect for little surprises and it's your's if I draw your name from the players for this week's challenge. Play along and at the end of the week, I'll conduct a random drawing to choose a winner.

Here's how you play along: Just upload a project using this week's photo as inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in a comment at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That way everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC19.
Deadline:Entries should be in by 8PM CT on Sunday, July 26th.



Labels: , ,