Black & Gray Sympathy

Good evening!
I've just spent the better part of the day stamping, and have to admit I'm a little stamped out! I'm making a big card assortment for my dentist's office and I also spent some time putting together an assortment of wedding invitations. Those were sort of fun- but it's a challenge to come up with ideas that use paper economically and won't incur extra postage. I did end up with several samples that I like though, so we'll see what the prospective bride and groom think.

Today's card is the one we made in our card class this month. It was SUPER SIMPLE but they all liked it I think. The card base is a half sheet of Whisper White trimmed to fit on a quarter sheet of Basic Black. The face of the card is covered with a slightly smaller piece of designer paper from the Walk in the Garden pack. Really pretty! The tree and sentiment are from Thoughts and Prayers and are stamped in Basic Grey on Whisper White which I then layered on Basic Black. to finish it off I tied a piece of silver organdy ribbon around the middle of the card and mounted the tree and sentiment up on dimensionals over the top. A little Jelly Roll glitter pen on the branches gives it a tiny bit of polish but not so much as to be inappropriate.

Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Walk in the Park DSP Ink: Basic Gray Accessories: Silver organdy ribbon, Jelly Roll glitter pen

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with a new Sunday Stash challenge so be sure and pop in again!


Labels: ,