Sunday Stash Challenge 15 - Bella's Fold-out Garden

Good evening & Happy Father's Day to any Dads out there who might actually be coerced into blog surfing to a girly site like this one! Ha!

This weekend has been crazy busy because we are in the process of tearing apart our upstairs bathroom. We've hired someone to put it all back together for us, but committed to doing the demolition ourselves. Rich has been hard at it all weekend ripping out drywall, tile, the tub, and tonight, the subfloor. Poor guy. What a way to spend Father's Day! I've been trying to reward him all day! While he's doing all that I've been stripping our vanity and medicine cabinet and all the drawers and doors that go with those. Having never refinished anything I hope I am following all the right steps. Anyway, with all that going on I was only able to squeeze in a tiny bit of stamping time yesterday with my friend Twyla (who just returned from France and Italy) before I had to dive back into the bathroom project. So, today's challenge isn't quite what I had planned on but I think I will work that in another week because Twyla sent me some wonderful photos of the Duomo in Florence, Italy that I think will be wonderful for inspiration. Just not today! ha!

Today, I have a beautiful rose garden to share with you and a fun card to go along with it. I made a similar card yesterday for Twyla's daughter for her birthday but since I gave that one away I made another today. I hope you like both this week's inspiration photo and the card I did. I am really happy with how it turned out and these are lots of fun to do.

Here's my sample:

I started with a 12 x 6 inch piece of Pirouette Pink and added Bella Rose DSP, Ruby Red, Bravo Burgandy and Kiwi Kiss in various ways. I also made liberal use of the Birds & Blooms Sizzix dies and a punch or two. The card design itself is a CASE of a gorgeous card I saw done by Tammy Beaver on Splitcoast. If you're looking for inspiration, check out her blog. She's wonderfully talented! I'm not sure if there's already a template for this out there (probably is) but I just made some wild guesses for mine and made my own. I'll try to sketch something out and post it when I get a chance.

I'm also including a shot of the card as it looks when it is closed. What's cool about this design is that when you close it, the folded tabs at the top and bottom want to naturally flip over so the end up acting as hinges of a sort and they hold the whole thing closed. Cool huh? Actually, I don't know if it's supposed to do that or not, but I am going with it!

What's in it? Stamps: Short and Sweet, Everyday Blessings (PaperTrey Ink) Paper: Pirouette Pink, Bravo Burgandy, Ruby Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP Ink: Cranberry Crisp Accessories: Sizzix dies-Little Leaves, Birds and Blooms, Punches-Martha Stewart small stem, medium oval, scallop oval, Jumbo scallop oval (McGill), brads (Making Memories), gems (Crystal Stickers)

Okay, so now it's your turn again! Instructions for joining in are given below. If you know of anyone who would like to join in, by all means, spread the word! I haven't had a lot of participation in these yet so I'm thrilled when there are new players who join in.

Have a wonderful evening! Thanks for stopping!

How do I play along?: Just upload a project using this week's photo as inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That way everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC15.

Deadline:The Mr. Linky form will close at8PM CT on Sunday, June 29th, so all entries need to be in before then.



The Mr. Linky dialog is now closed for this week's challenge. If you would still like to play along, simply include a link to your card within a comment. Thanks for playing!

Labels: , , , , , ,