Sunday Stash Challenge 14 - Parisian Trees

Bon Jour!
Today I'm in the mood for a little walk through Paris...My friend Twyla called me from the top of the Eiffel Tower yesterday- she's there with her daughter, significant other and a bunch of students, and from the sound of it, having a marvelous time. Geez, I wish I was there with her! Oh well, c'est la vie!
Since I'm here in Minnesota instead, I'm planning to spend the rest my afternoon enjoying our absolutely gorgeous day, but I wanted to get you going on this week's challenge before I disappeared to my sunny deck.
I found this shot of the Arc de Triomphe a week or so ago and thought it would make a great addition to my collection of inspiration photos. If nothing else, it's a pretty picture right?
Here's my card.

I had a dickens of a time deciding what colors to go with for this one (I said it was a pretty picture...I didn't say I knew what to do with it! ha ha!). I finally decided to pull in the golds and blacks and a little of that lovely ornate charm of the Arc. Better yet, I was able to make the card completely using stuff from my waiting-to-be-used stash! In fact, I think the only thing on this card that is remotely new are the little gems on the trees. (I'm patting myself on the back, in case you couldn't tell.)

The card base is a piece of this velvety black paper that I got from my friend Lynn. It's hard to describe, but it's a rich, velvety black paper that feels like it's coated with rubber. Very odd, but cool too ya know? On the face of that, I layered a square of metallic gold cardstock. Next, I stamped 4 of the same medallion from Ornate Ornaments (retired) with Basic Black on Very Vanilla, cut them out and layered them on black before arranging and adhering them to the corners of the card. Next I stamped the row of trees - (Lovely as a Tree) using Basic Black on Very Vanilla and layered that on black as well. Four gold brads in the corners dress it up a bit. The ribbon is gold organdy (also retired) tied around the face of the card into a bow. Sorry it's a bit wonky - getting it to lay right tied in that direction was tricky. Once the ribbon was in place, I mounted the tree piece up on dimensionals across the middle and finished it off with lots and lots of yellow-gold bling!
Stamps:
Lovely as a tree, Ornate Ornaments Paper: Black, gold metallic, very vanilla Ink:Basic Black Accessories: gold brads, yellow gold adhesive gems (Crystal Stickers), dimensionals, gold organdy ribbon

So, now it's your turn! I hope you have fun with this one! Here's your chance to wander through Paris. Ohhh La La!
How do I play along?: Just upload a project using this week's photo as inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That way everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC14.

Deadline: The Mr. Linky form will close at 8PM CT on Sunday, June 21st, so all entries need to be in before then.





Labels: ,