Pinking of You

Hello! I was out planting some flowers this afternoon before the cloud over my head let go of the rain it was holding and this card popped into my head. Sort of an- oh yeah! I still haven't posted that one kind of deal. I made it a while back when I was doing some things with pink and white for a challenge I had posted at the time. Why I didn't share it back then, I don't know, but anyway today, when was hanging up this pretty pink petunia basket I bought, it came to mind.

My flower gardens are- to put it mildly a disgrace, mostly due to lack of attention over the last year, so I'm trying to put things back to rights. No promises mind you since stamping tends to take a front seat to most everything else but I'll give it the old college try anyway.

So, on to the card. Pretty isn't it? It sort of screams "GIRLY GIRL", but that's okay. Finished dimensions are 5-1/4 inches square. The card itself is the white layer and it's made with a 5 x 10 inch piece of Whisper White cardstock folded in half. On the face of the card, I layered a 4-3/4 square piece of Pretty in Pink floral DSP and a 4-3/4 x 1-3/4 inch strip of a coordinating stripe. The lace strip is from a place setting kit by Martha Stewart. Beyond that the only stamping I did was the Pixie Pink sentiment and little flower from Hero Arts which I layered on a small piece of the striped designer paper and adhered to the card with dimensionals. The flowers are all punched out, layered together and mounted on dimensionals of different heights. I added some floral brads and eyelets for the flower centers and a bit of Pirouette Pink striped grosgrain ribbon to finish it off.

Stamps: Thinking of You - Hero Arts Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink DSP and CS Ink: Pixie Pink Accessories: Pirouette Pink striped grosgrain ribbon, flower brads and eyelets (Making Memories), 5 petal punch, flower punch (EK Success)

Thanks for stopping by!

Labels: , , ,