Orange Blossom Always & Forever

Hello and Happy Wednesday! I just got back from a walk with my dog and a short bike ride and since my legs are now essentially rubber I figured sitting here an posting a new card might give them enough of a break to get me back upstairs so I can go to bed. Note to self-GET IN SHAPE! I ventured out on this exercise expedition primarily because the thermometer hit 68 wonderful degrees this afternoon and I didn't want to come inside. Well, I'll sleep good tonight anyway.

So on to the card. I made this one a couple weeks ago when I was stocking up on wedding and anniversary cards and playing with a new set while I was at it. I guess I was thinking orange blossoms when I picked the colors but I was also trying to find a color that didn't look hideous with that Delicate Dots DSP. I was just about to give up when I rediscovered this peach cardstock from American Crafts in my 12x12 box. This is one color I really wish Stampin' Up! would come out with. There just isn't a nice soft peach in their color mix. Anywhoo, the card is pretty basic really design-wise. The actual card is White textured CS (Also American Crafts) layered on the peach. The card front is layered with Delicate Dots DSP and there's a lace scallop edge (Martha Stewart) punched strip of white over that. That wonderful crocheted brown trim is from Making Memories (Passport collection). The white flowers and the heart are stamped in Groovy Guava with the Polka Dot Punches set and are punched with the coordinating heart and 5 petal punch. The little flowers are punched with an EK Success 6 petal punch. All the flowers are embellished with little Guava mini or white daisy brads. Finally the sentiment is stamped, hand cut and mounted on dimensionals.

So here's the supply summary:
Stamps: Polka Dot Punches, InkaDinkADoo Wedding,
Paper: Peach CS (American Crafts), White Textured (American Crafts), Delicate Dots DSP
Ink: Groovy Guava
Accessories: crocheted trim (Making Memories), brads, dimensionals, heart punch, 5 petal punch, 6 petal punch (EK Success), Lace Scallop Punch (Martha Stewart)

Labels: , , ,