Keys Please?

Good evening and thanks for stopping by! I have a card tonight that I did a week or so ago when I was off stamping with the girls. I'd seen this card by Sleepy in Seattle (Joanne Travis) on SplitCoast and thought Holy Cow! I love Joanne's cards and am happy to say she's one of a few who actually follow MY blog. (big smiles). Anyway, I have 3 brothers and this card would be absolutely perfect for any one of them so I took it for a drive and adapted Joanne's design to fit what I had with me for the day. I'm not all that happy with my watercoloring on the car, but I probably should have embossed the car in black before I started the coloring. I'll fix that on the next one.

The card is 6 inches square finished so the black piece is half a 12x12 sheet of textured cardstock. On that I layered a 5-3/4 inch square of Real Red. The next layer is a 5-1/4 inch square of silver that is embossed with the Sizzix Argyle embossing folder. I ran it through twice so I could do the whole thing and then used the ribbon and the stamped car layers to cover the little areas where the folder kind of squashes what you've already embossed. Before I mounted this piece to the card I added the little square brad to each corner. The car and the circular birthday sentiment are stamped with Basic Black. As previously noted, I colored the car with my water pen and my Real Red ink pad. Yeah...needs work I know. I sponged around the car with a little Bashful Blue ink to create a cloudy sky sort of look. The car is layered on a slightly larger piece of Real Red and then punched so I could insert the ring for the keys. The keys are stamped with Black Stazon on Silver Metallic CS, cut out and punched so they can dangle on the ring. I did add one small glue dot to the back side of each of the keys so they would stay where I wanted them and then mounted the whole car and keys piece up on dimensionals. The next little bit of stamping is the little Birthday Wishes circle.(Hero Arts-Thinking of You Messages) I stamped that on Whisper White and punched it out. The backing circle is the circle frame from Frames with a Flourish stamped with Basic Black on Real Red. I added a pewter brad to the center of the first circle and mounted it to the Real Red circle with a dimensional before adhering it to the card.

Thanks again for visiting! Hope to see you back here soon!

Stamps: Classic Convertibles, Travel Post, Frames with a Flourish, Thinking of You Messages (Hero Arts) Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Silver Metallic Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Bashful Blue Accessories: ribbon, square pewter brads, medium pewter brad, jump ring, dimensionals, Sizzix - Argyle embossing folder, Cuttlebug

Labels: , , , ,