A Forest of Birthday Wishes

Happy Friday Everyone! I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to be looking at the weekend. This has really been a long week. Not sure why really, but some weeks are like that I guess. Anyway, I have another card here using the Trendy Trees set. Those trees are so darn cute I really need to work with them some more but in the mean time, I have this one to share.

I started with a 5-1/2 x 9-1/2 inch piece of Bayou Blue cs and folded it in half for the card base. On that I layered a 4 x 5 piece of red patterned DSP (DCWV The Green Stack) Note: I rounded two of the corners first. Next I added a 5-1/4 x 1-1/2 piece of striped DSP along the right edge. (also from the Green Stack) I rounded all of the card corners next and then went to work on the stamping. On a 2-1/2 x 2-3/8 inch piece of Whisper White I stamped the three little trees and then punched holes in the dotted trees for brads. I was going for an apple tree look. I layered this piece on a piece of Wild Wasabi (2-3/4 x 2-5/8) and then layered that on a piece of Chocolate Chip (2-1/2 x 3 inches)which I distressed a little so it wasn't so flat. The Chocolate Chip was wider than the previous layers too so for a little dimension I paper pierced along either side before tying a bit of chocolate grosgrain ribbon around the whole thing. The little tag is stamped and layered much the same way and then mounted on dimensionals to accomodate the brads. The paper is cut as follows: Chocolate Chip - 3 x 3/4 in, Wild Wasabi - 2-3/4 x 5/8 in & Whisper White - 2-1/2 x 1/2 inch.

For the inside, I added a Whisper White panel and strip of the striped dsp along with a couple trees and the greeting.

Stamps: Trendy Trees, Full of Life, Birthday Whimsy

Paper: Bayou Blue, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, DCWV-The Green Stack DSP

Ink: Wild Wasabi, So Saffron Chocolate Chip, Real Red

Accessories: brads, ribbon, paper piercer, mat pack, distressing tool, corner rounder, dimensionals

That's it for tonight! Make sure and check back tomorrow for a little Easter inspiration, and don't forget, Sunday I'll have a new Sunday Stash Challenge!

Labels: ,