Valentine Frenzy Part 2 - A Victorian Trio


This trio of Valentines was a huge hit with the ladies at work looking for something less frilly and suitable for their hubbies. All three cards came about when I was playing around with some fun paper I’d found when I was shopping for papers to do Josh’s Washington DC Inauguration scrapbook. (More on that project later, but I’ll leave you with a teaser – I have roughly 350 photos from the Presidential Inauguration to put into a scrapbook. Yikes!) The red patterned and striped designer paper is from a paper pack from Foofala – Autumn Leaves called Red, Black and Cream and the Happy Valentine’s Day text on the first one is from an acrylic set by Ink-A-Dink-A-Do called Happy Days. I stuck with the red, black and cream color scheme on all three and because the paper is so busy I tried to keep the elements fairly basic.
For the first card, after I stamped the words on Vanilla cs I sponged over the top with burgundy to soften the color a bit. The vanilla for this piece wanted to overtake the card so I thought sponging would help and I think I was right. I layered it on a piece of Baroque Burgandy and mounted it up on dimensionals. The hearts are stamped and embossed with white ink and embossing powder and then punched and layered on plain black hearts. I wasn’t sure about the black hearts – they don’t seem all that appropriate for Valentine’s day, but I think they helped to make the burgundy hearts stand out better. Once I had all of the hearts in place I finished it off with some rich velvety blak ribbon and a few pewter brads. Hmmm…I think this may have been the masculine card I needed for Dan. Oops!
For the other two cards, I started with a Baroque Burgandy and a charcoal gray card base and layered a 2-1/2 in x 5-1/2 in piece of striped DP along the top of the burgandy and the bottom on the gray. Note: both cards are a standard A2 size. I stamped the swirls from Jazzy Swirls by Autumn Leaves for a background using matching inks. (Baroque Burgandy and Basic Gray). Next I ran two pieces of the red floral paper through my Cuttlebug using the Top Note Die, trimmed away the edges and layered them both on black Top Note die cut pieces. I tied a piece of 3/8 in black grosgrain ribbon around each layered piece and then adhered them to the front of the cards. The little tags are from Cute & Curly and are stamped on vanilla with Basic Gray. The words are from a set called Love Circles from Art Warehouse. Once I had them stamped, I punched them out using the Curly Label Punch and then layering them both on black and hand trimming. I mounted them up on dimensionals so they popped off the card a bit. Finally, because a little heart was in order I stamped the heart from Priceless with Baroque Burgandy on Vanilla, cut them out and mounted them on dimensionals too. A little adhesive gem adds a touch of sparkle.
Supplies - Card 1
Stamps: Love You Much, Happy Days (InkADinkADoo)
Paper: Baroque Burgandy, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Red, Black and Cream DSP (Foofala)
Ink: White Craft, Basic Gray, Baroque Burgandy
Accessories: White embossing powder, pewter brads, black velvet ribbon, Heart to Heart punch
Supplies - Card 2
Stamps: Cute & Curly, Priceless
Paper: Charcoal, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Red, Black and Cream DSP (Foofala)Ink: Basic Gray, Baroque Burgandy
Accessories: black grosgrain ribbon, Curly Label punch
Supplies - Card 3
Stamps: Cute & Curly, Priceless
Paper: Baroque Burgandy, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Red, Black and Cream DSP (Foofala)Ink: Basic Gray, Baroque Burgandy
Accessories: black grosgrain ribbon, Curly Label punch

Labels: , , , , , , ,