Valentine Frenzy - Part 2 - Chocolate Lovebirds


Well, here we are in the eleventh hour! As promised, I have a few more cards to share with you before I wrap up the whole Valentines theme for this year. I have some other goodies to share with you later on this weekend, but for now, let's get onto the details for our little lovebirds.

This curvy shape is one that I've used a time or two on other cards, and I wanted to have a little hill of sorts for my birds to stand on so I pulled out my template again and used it to trim the DSP. This paper is from the recently retired Holiday Treasures pack. I was so sorry to see this paper go away, but I snapped up a couple packages of it before it disappeared, so I'll be set for a while. Anyway, once I had my curve cut, I adhered it to the bottom front of a Baja Breeze card cut 5-1/4 x 10-/12 and folded in half and layered on a 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 piece of Chocolate Chip. Next, I ran the bottom front edge through my Fiskars Threaded Water border punch. Next, I stamped "LOVE" from Fundamental Phrases 3 times on the rise of the hill beginning at the left edge, the birds (Love You Much) on the top of the hill, and "my valentine" from Everyday Flexible Phrases at the right slope of the hill. I stamped the birds again on a scrap piece of Candy Lane red floral DSP, cut the bird bodies out, and glued them over the stamped birds on the hill. Next, using the round tab punch, heart to heart punch, trio of flowers punch and a leaf punch (Martha Stewart), I punched the tab, flowers, heart and leaves from coordinating Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose and Baja Breeze cs. and arranged them along the left half of the DSP hill. For a final bit of glam, I affixed three small gems to the flower centers.

This is really a fairly simple card. A little putzy with all the piecing and punches, but worth it I think. It is also a little less girly than some of the others I did this week. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:

Stamps: Love You Much, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Fundamental Phrases

Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Holiday Treasures DSP, Candy Lane DSP

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Trio of Flowers punch, Round Tab Punch, Leaf punch (Martha Stewart), Heart to Heart Punch, adhesive gems

Labels: , , , , ,