Tangerine Sunset - MOJO73


I thought I would give one of the Mojo Monday challenges a try this week. I'm disappointed with my photo, but I'm blaming the glossy paper for that. It seems no matter what angle I came at this card, I had a glare to deal with, so I apologize for that.

My card base is a 5-1/4 x 8 piece of Tangerine Tango folded in half and layered on a quarter sheet of Chocolate Chip. The face is covered with a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of DSP from the now discontinued Summer Home Simply Scrappin' Kit. The stamped piece is a 4-1/4 x 3-1/4 piece of glossy cardstock on which I brayered my Autumn Leaves Kaleidacolor to create a sunset. Next I stamped a Tangerine Tango sun using the circle from Little Shapes in the upper right corner. I stamped the flowers from Upsy Daisy first in Tangerine Tango and then Chocolate Chip to give it a little bit of a shadow effect. I then sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip. and layered it on a 4-1/2 x 3-1/2 inch piece of Kiwi Kiss. Next, I punched two 1/8 inch holes adjacent to each other along the right edge and used an exacto knife to cut the slot for the ribbon. (I don't have the slot punch) I threaded a 6-1/2 inch piece of 5/8 in wide ribbon through the slot and then layered the piece on a 4-5/8 x 3-5/8 in piece of Chocolate Chip. The left end of the ribbon is folded over and adhered to the back of the Chocolate Chip and the right end is clipped at an inverted angle and affixed to the card front with a small copper brad. The "For you" sentiment is stamped with Tangerine Tango on Very Vanilla, punched with the Word Window punch and layered on a piece of Tangerine Tango that is trimmed by hand. Both ends are embellished with copper brads prior to adhering to the card. Finally, to finish things off, I punched and layered a Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip photo corner duo, used my paper piercer to add some interest and inserted another brad in the corner before affixing it to the card with dimensionals.


Thanks for looking! I hope you come back soon!


Stamps: Upsy Daisy, All Year Cheer I, Little Shapes

Paper: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Glossy White, Very Vanilla, Summer Home SS Kit DSP

Ink: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Autumn Leaves Kaleidacolor

Accessories: ribbon (Offay), copper brads, paper piercer, mat pack, brayer, dimensionals, Punches: 1/8 and 1/16, Word Window, Photo Corners
Chip before affixing the entire piece to the card front.

Labels: ,