Perfectly Pursa-licious!




Sometimes inspiration comes in small packages. I found the "pattern" for this particular little treasure at Target just before Valentine's Day. Of course, I was "forced" to eat the candy that came in it! Darned shame that was... Okay, not. Anyway, after I pried the box apart so I could steal the pattern (ha!) I pulled out the Raspberry Tart paper I love so much, and went to work. I have another version - using a different box pattern - that I will share later, but for now, I wanted to debut this one. I am working on drawing the pattern out in Illustrator so I can share it, but the dimensions are a little tricky so please be patient with me. One of these days I'll dig out the compass ruler and see if I can figure it out. But I digress.

The base for the purse is a pretty coral textured cardstock from American Crafts. Once I had the purse assembled, I covered the front, back and top flap with trapezoids of Raspberry Tart paper and added to that a couple strips of coordinating designs across the middle. I ran the top strip through Martha Stewart's lace scallop border punch for a little extra frill. The handle, which unfortunately I clipped off in the photo is kiwi-vanilla satin ribbon and the little details are made with punches and a combination of designer paper and coordinating cardstock. Pretty darn sweet huh? Even without the candy!
Recipe details are below:
Stamps: Everyday Flexible Phrases
Paper: Coral Textured (American Crafts), Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Raspberry Tart DSP
Accessories: Heart to Heart punch, 3 Flowers punch, Leaf punch (Martha Stewart), Round Tab Punch, adhesive gems, Lace Scallop punch (Martha Stewart), kiwi-vanilla satin ribbon

Labels: , , ,