Well, we had a splash of sunshine and above 32 degree day yesterday and it almost looks like we might have a repeat today. At least the sun is shining! I haven't stuck my head out yet to see if the temperature is bearable or not but I will later when I go walk our dog Buster. For now though, I've got birds on the brain and they seem to be a popular theme in the new Stampin' Up! catalog too. With that in mind, I thought I would share this card with you. The set is called Season of Friendship and it's a shame that it didn't make it into the new catalog because it's really fun to work with. Come to think of it, maybe it's sitting on the dormant list for the Fall/Winter catalog. I'll have to check that. In any case here are the details:
Stamps: Season of Friendship
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Groovy Guava, Very Vanilla
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware-Copper, Ribbon-Martha Stewart, String-Martha Stewart, 1/2 in. round punch, 1/16 in punch, dimensionals
- Begin by cutting a piece of Tangerine Tango 5-1/2 in x 8-1/2 in. Fold in half.
- Cut a piece of Groovy Guava 5-1/4 in x 4. Adhere to front of Tangerine Tango card and set aside.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla 5 in x 3-3/4 in.
- Stamp tree with Chocolate Chip ink in center of Vanilla piece. With Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango inks, randomly stamp and repeat the leaves on the branches of the tree and on the ground near the base of the tree.
- Sponge edges of Vanilla piece with Kiwi Kiss.
- Cut a length of ribbon long enough to wrap around the vanilla piece and overlap on the front. Apply adhesive to front then adhere ribbon by placing one end at left edge and pressing in place. Apply adhesive to reverse side and continue wrapping ribbon around until the end of the ribbon overlaps the front again.
- Insert metal buckle, sliding it into place. Use small bit of adhesive to hold the free end in place on the front.
- Punch three small holes to the right of the buckle through all layers of ribbon and Vanilla stamped piece. Insert 3 small brads.
- Adhere to face of card.
- On small scrap pieces of Vanilla, stamp "Friend" in Chocolate Chip, and bird in Tangerine Tango.
- Punch "friend" with 1/2 in circle punch then punch a small hole at top of the circle for string. Insert string and tie to top of buckle. Cut out bird by hand and mount on small dimensional on one branch of the tree.
Now, I'm going to check out that sunshine before I head toward the stamp room and dive into some valentine ideas...
Labels: Birds, Hodgepodge Hardware, Martha Stewart, Punches, Sponging, SU Sets