February Love


Happy Pre-Valentine's Day! I've been busily sketching out ideas all week for valentines for all the men in my life. That would be Rich, Dan and Josh of course, and I'm working on cleaning up my stamp room so I can actually start making them. (I still haven't put all my toys away from the craft day I had a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday our monthly hostess club order arrived so I have even more fun stuff to play with. There's just not enough time in the day to stamp everything I want to! Thankfully, I am a little bit ahead on my monthly cards, or I'd have 16 disappointed friends and family members to answer to. So, without any further ado, here's my February card- going out on Monday. I used a set that I've had for a while (Love Always), so please forgive me as it's not a current SU! catalog set. The sentiment "You" is from a set called Love Circles from Art Warehouse designer Danielle Johnson. Here are the rest of the details:
Stamps: Love Always, Love Circles (Art Warehouse)
Paper: American Crafts Pastel Pink textured, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, ProvoCraft Slab 5,
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Chocolate grosgrain ribbon, White pre-cut scallop borders, Scallop circle punch, 1 inch circle punch, 2 way glue, glitter, scallop scissors, paper piercing tool & mat, dimensionals
  1. Begin by cutting a quarter sheet of close to cocoa cs and a half sheet (4 x 10-1/2) of pink.
  2. Fold the pink in half and trim the bottom front edge with the scallop scissors.
  3. Cut a 1-7/8 inch x 3-3/4 in piece of striped DP and adhere it to the top left corner of your card.
  4. Adhere the pink card to the quarter sheet of close to cocoa.
  5. Stamp hearts and swirls along bottom front edge of card just above scallop.
  6. Punch a scallop circle from close to cocoa and glue it to the right and toward the bottom of the striped DP.
  7. Cut a 4 inch piece of ribbon and adhere it across the face of the card, near the center but just above the bottom edge of the striped DP.
  8. Cut a 4 inch piece of pre-scalloped border and adhere it over the top of your ribbon.
  9. Pierce a row of dots above the ribbon to the right of the striped DP and just below the DP on the left.
  10. Stamp the large heart with close to cocoa on whisper white and cut out. Affix two dimensionals to the top curves of the heart to prop it up slightly. Adhere the bottom tip of the heart directly to the card.
  11. Punch a circle from pink cs and stamp "you" with close to cocoa ink. Affix to card with dimensional.
  12. To finish, apply 2-way glue to the word LOVE on the large heart and sprinkle with glitter.
Check back later for more Valentines! I'm going to try to post a different idea every day beginning on Sunday! Spread the love!

Labels: , , , ,