Elegance in Black

I have to thank Amy Sheffer again for her inspiring ideas. I copied this card almost verbatim except for the papers and flower punches. See Amy's card here.
This is actually one of those cards that don't use any stamps. I'm always a little surprised by that but I think the beauty of the design more than makes up for it. It's even more striking in real life. The designer paper I chose is from a packet by American Crafts called Elegant. I actually bought it for wedding cards a while back but ironically I don't think I've made a single wedding card yet! Well, maybe this is a first? Here are the rest of the details:
I started with a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Stardreams Charcoal cardstock folded in half. Then I cut a 5 inch square of basic black and a 4-3/4 in square of designer paper. I punched a 1-1/4 inch circle from basic black and cut it into quarters-one for each corner of the card. The corners are fixed to the designer paper with adhesive, punched for the mini brads then the whole piece is attached to the black square. Next I cut a basic black 3-1/2 x 4 and a whisper white piece cut 3-1/4 x 3-3/4. One short edge of the white piece is punched with the Martha Stewart lace scallop punch prior to attaching it to the black piece. These last two pieces are layered and then attached to the designer paper square which is attached to the black square. You now have 4 layers-black, DP, Black, White. NOTE: Do Not adhere to the card yet! Next I cut a 1-1/4 inch by 3-1/2 strip of Stardreams Charcoal and layered a 1 x 3-1/4 inch piece of designer paper on that. This pair is adhered to the top edge at the center of the previous layered group. A small piece of ribbon is adhered along the center of the small strip and miter cut on the bottom. Next I cut a 3 inch square of black, a 2-1/2 square of charcoal, and a 2-1/4 inch square of white. These three are all adhered together and then mounted to the card with dimensionals. A few paper piercings on all 4 corners adds a little something to an otherwise plain white piece. The flowers are the final touch to the card. I punched three from designer paper and three from basic black,layered them together, punched the centers and inserted the pewter brads. The center flower is mounted up on a dimensional and the other two are adhered directly to the card.

Don't be intimidated by all the layers on this one. With a little pre-cutting, you could whip up several of these at one time. Have fun!
Stamps: None, Ink: None
Paper: Stardreams Charcoal, Basic Black, Whisper White, American Crafts Elegant Pack
Accessories: Paper piercing tool, mat pack, Martha Stewart lace scallop punch, black grosgrain ribbon, pewter brads, lt. blue mini brads, dimensionals, 5 petal punch

Labels: , , ,