This is the Christmas card that I made for my pal Gretchen. Since she's already seen my standard Christmas cards I needed to dazzle her with something different, and of course, a little bit special just for her. She mentioned the other day that she really likes pink so I put that info to use for this card. Not really a traditional Christmas color, but I'm pleased with how this turned out. Merry Christmas Gretchen!
Stamps: Spotlight on Christmas, Short & Sweet, Filigree background
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cranberry Crisp, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Cranberry Crisp
Accessories: small and medium oval punches, 5 petal punch, 3/8" organdy ribbon - taupe, glue pad, dazzling diamonds glitter, dimensionals, jumbo scallop scissors
- Cut a piece of Pink Pirouette cs 4.25 x 9. Score at 5.5
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla 4.25 x 5.5 and use scallop scissors to trim one end.
- Stamp Vanilla piece with Filigree background in Cranberry Crisp then adhere un-scalloped end to inside of card behind the Pink Pirouette flap. You should now have what resembles a regular card.
- Cut two pieces of Cranberry Crisp: the first 4.25 x 1 and the second 4 x 2.75. Scallop cut one long edge of the first piece then adhere it under the scallop edge of your card front.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla 3.75 x 2.5 and randomly stamp the poinsettia. Stamp the flower repeatedly to achieve the varying shades of color then layer the piece on the second Cranberry Crisp piece from step 4. Set aside for now.
- On a separate piece of vanilla, stamp 3 more flowers (two at full color and one at half or stamped off color).
- Using the glue pad, apply glue to the entire face of the piece you just stamped the flowers on. Apply glitter, tapping off any excess. Now, punch out your flowers with the 5 petal punch. Slick huh? lots of glitter and no cutting!
- Stamp "Very Merry" on another small piece of vanilla and punch with small oval punch.
- Punch a medium oval from Cranberry Crisp and layer under the smaller oval.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the layered pieces from step 5. If you tie a bow, set it to one side or another to make room for the flowers. Adhere to front of the card over Pink Pirouette flap at top.
- Using dimensionals, mount your punched flowers in a trio at top left area of card and you're done!
Labels: Christmas 2008, Flowers, glitter, Punches, SU Sets, Winter