It occurred to me today that I should be posting the Christmas cards that I've made recently NOW rather than later. The ideas don't do you much good after the fact now do they???
This card is one I made up at Webb Lake, WI when I was playing around with another new set. This one actually belongs to my friend Twyla, but since she wasn't looking... ha!
Anyway, the set is reminiscent of Christmas from my "early years" and makes me think about all those lovely old ornaments we used to hang on our tree. I was in a nostalgic mood apparently when I made this. But enough rambling... here are the details:
Stamps: Christmas Classics, Short & Sweet
Paper: Old Olive textured, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Dashing DP
Accessories: 3/8 in moss ribbon, oval punces, word window punch, 1/16 in punch, rhinestone brads, dimensionals, distressing tool
- Start with a quarter sheet (4 1/4 in x 5 1/2 in) of Old Olive testured CS.
- Layer this with a piece of Real Red CS cut 4 1/8 in x 5 5/16 in.
- Cut your card from Very Vanilla ( 8 1/4 in x 5 1/8) and fold in half.
- Stamp the holly in Old Olive all over the face of your card. Set aside.
- Cut another piece of Real Red 3 5/8 in x 3 5/8 in
- Layer this with a piece of Dashing stripe DP cut 3 1/2 in x 3 1/2 in.
- Tie ribbon in a bow around lower third and adhere to front of card.
- Cut a third piece of Real Red CS 2 5/8 in x 2 1/8 in.
- Cut a piece of Old Olive textured CS 2 1/2 in x 2 in. Distress edges then adhere to the Real Red piece you cut in previous step.
- Adhere to card toward upper left side of card.
- Punch out two ovals - I used the two smallest oval punches. The larger of the two from Real Red and the smaller from Old Olive textured CS. Affix the Olive oval to the Red oval. Set aside.
- Stamp the tree and "Very Merry" greeting on Vanilla CS with Old Olive ink.
- Cut out the tree by hand then using your blender pen, smudge the color around a bit. Affix 3 dimensionals on the back and adhere toward left side of Real Red/Old Olive piece from step 10.
- Punch out the "Very Merry" greeting using the Word Window punch. Adhere to punched ovals from step 11.
- Punch a small hole in either end of the layered oval/greeting piece. Insert rhinestone brads. Attach 2 dimensionals to back side and affix to card front in upper right overlapping the olive/red pieces as shown.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Labels: Christmas 2008, Cuttlebug, Punches, SU Sets, Webb Lake Fun