Here's the Christmas card I made for Lynn; another pal of mine from work who has already seen my Christmas cards for this year. I had fun making this one and hopefully she enjoys it as she likes these warm green shades as much as I do. I was striving for something very old fashioned and traditional and I think I achieved it. Merry Christmas Lynn!
Stamps: Winter Post, Best Yet
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Cranberry Crisp, Very Vanilla, French Flair DP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Cranberry Crisp, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware Pewter, Dimensionals, small and medium oval punch
- Cut a piece of Kiwi Kiss cs 8.5 x 5.5 and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of designer paper (2 sided) 4 x 6 then cut this piece at 2 inches so you have a 4 x 4 piece and a 2 x 4 piece.
- Adhere both pieces to the front of the card, reversing the smaller of the two so that the pattern on the back side shows.
- Stamp the snowflake in the bottom right corner with Cranberry Crisp. It's perfectly fine to stamp off the edge so a little of the ink gets stamped on the Kiwi Kiss card too.
- Cut a piece of Cranberry Crisp 4.5 x 3.
- Cut a piece of Kiwi Kiss 4.375 x 2.875 and layer over the Cranberry piece
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla 4.25 x 2.75. With Kiwi Kiss ink, stamp the snowflake repeatedly. Stamp 2 or 3 times before re-inking to achieve the multi-shaded look.
- Stamp the Post Card greeting vertically along the left edge with Always Artichoke and the skaters in Cranberry Crisp in the lower right corner. Layer on top of the Kiwi/Cranberry piece. Affix to front of card at top left.
- Stamp greeting in Cranberry Crisp on small piece of Very Vanilla then stamp the snowflake over the top. Tip: for a lighter shade, stamp the snowflake off once on a scrap piece of paper then stamp over the greeting. Punch out with small oval punch.
- Punch another oval from Cranberry Crisp cs using the medium oval punch. Layer behind stamped small oval then fit both into metal hardware frame. Insert matching brads and bend prongs at an angle so they are hidden behind the frame. Adhere to card with dimensionals.
okay... time for some cocoa and a little Burl Ives...
Labels: Christmas 2008, Punches, SU Sets, Vintage, Winter