Here's the card my card class will be making tomorrow. Our theme this month is "Thank You" but I wanted the card to be a little wintery without being overly Christmassy. Frosty fits the bill, and ironically our temperatures the last couple of days have been downright frigid. I think it was minus 13 this morning when I crawled out of my nice warm bed. Anyway, I've been promising to post this for a while now and life keeps getting in the way. So, finally, here it is.
Stamps: Frosty, Short & Sweet
Paper: Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Snowflake DP (Making Memories)
Ink: Basic Grey
Accessories: Sage Shadow marker, Bashful Blue marker, Rose Red marker, Only Orange marker, 2 way glue, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Cuttlebug- snowflake folder, Oval scallop punch, word window punch, small oval punch, 1-1/2 inch circle punch, ribbon, button
- Fold a 8 x 5.25 piece of white cs in half then use Cuttlebug snowflake folder to emboss the front.
- Layer on a quarter sheet (4.25 x 5.5 inch) piece of Buckaroo Blue cs.
- Adhere 1.5 in x 5.25 strip of snowflake designer paper to front left of card.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around card front, centering on snowflake strip. Leave one end visible toward the lower portion of the card.
- Punch one oval scallop from Buckaroo Blue.
- Punch one larger circle from Chocolate Chip; layer on Buckaroo Blue scalloped oval.
- Ink up Frosty's head and shoulders with Basic Grey ink and stamp on a piece of Whisper White.
- Punch Frosty's head out with smaller circle punch then color his hat and scarf with markers. Oh yeah, don't forget to color his nose too!
- Using 2-way glue, fill in Frosty's face and visible shoulders then sprinkle with glitter.
- Adhere to Chocolate Chip circle from step 6, then layer this over center of the Buckaroo Blue Scalloped oval.
- Adhere to card front over ribbon. One end of ribbon should still be visible just below the oval.
- Adhere a button to the ribbon using a glue dot.
- Stamp "thank you" on a piece of Whisper White with Basic Grey.
- Punch with Word Window punch
- Punch a small oval from Buckaroo Blue.
- Adhere "thank you" to small oval piece then adhere to front-bottom-right of card leaving part of the right end extending past edge of card. Trim flush with card edge.
Ta da! Thanks for looking!
Labels: card class, Cuttlebug, Punches, SU Sets, Thank You, Winter