The whole design for this card came straight from the one on page 137 of the SU! catalog. I did change up a couple of things, but for the most part, I followed the catalog card. I just love the shaped front flap don't you?! It reminds me of a ginger-jar vase.
Here are the changes I made:
The designer paper is from an adhesive mat-stack that I found at Target by Foof-a-la called Thrift Store and the salmon colored card front is from American Crafts. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the strip of Kiwi Kiss, and I swapped out the Bashful Blue with Pacific Point for the medium-sized flower. My rub ons are from the 2008 SAB set Love & Happiness.
Stamps: Eastern Blooms
CS/Paper: Salmon Pink textured CS (American Crafts), Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Thrift Store (American Crafts)
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Border folder, Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Ribbon (
Martha Stewart), Filigree Brads, Love & Happiness rub-ons (SAB 2008), 5/8 in circle punch.
- Start with a 8.5 x 5.5 piece of Salmon Pink cardstock. Fold in half. Using a template you create, trim away the front of the card how you would like it. I just took a piece of poster-board and cut a curvy template, traced it onto the front of the card, and cut it out.
- Next, layer your designer paper on the inside of the card.
- Using the Cuttlebug folder, emboss a 3/4 in x 5-1/2 in strip of Kiwi Kiss.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the Kiwi Kiss strip, knot and attach the filigree brad. Adhere to left edge of card near fold.
- Stamp Kiwi Kiss and Pacific Point flowers and cut out. Note, the large flower is stamped twice; once in Kiwi Kiss and again in Tangerine Tango. The center of the Tangerine Tango flower is punched out using a 5/8 in. punch and layered over the center of the Kiwi Kiss flower using a dimensional. The smallest flower is actually a rub-on from the Love & Happiness set. It's cut out after the rub on is in place with a silver brad for the flower center. Affix to the card using a small glue dot.
- Affix remaining flowers to the card where desired, and finish with the "Thank You" Sentiment.
Labels: Catalog CASE, Cuttlebug, Flowers, Shaped Cards, SU Sets, Thank You