Snow Dancer





Christmas is right around the corner and... Okay, maybe not, but as it is nearing the end of October already you have to admit it's not going to be long before we're shopping for a tree and wrapping presents. With luck, those of us living in the Upper Midwest will not be blessed with the white powdery stuff until sometime after Thanksgiving!

With that said, this is the card that my November card class will be making. The stamps are from Holiday Swirls (InkADinkADoo) an acrylic set that I found last year at the end of the season.

Here are the rest of the details:
The card base is Very Vanilla- 5.25 x 8 folded and layered on a quarter sheet of Real Red. Note: layering is saved for the last step.
  1. To create the snow swirled background, I stamped the snowflake swirl randomly on the face of the card in Real Red.
  2. Next, I cut a strip of Real Red CS 1-7/8" x 4" and border punch one long edge. I used a Fiskar's Scallop Punch - sorry, can't remember the exact name!
  3. Next, I cut a strip of Dashing Designer Paper 4 x 2.
  4. Next I cut a 1-1/4" x 4" strip of Very Vanilla. On this I stamped the Happy Holidays oval and swirl in Real Red.
  5. On a scrap piece of Vanilla I stamped the reindeer and the Happy Holidays oval with Chocolate Chip. The reindeer is punched out with...you guessed it...a 1-3/8" circle punch. I cut the oval by hand because it was a little more elongated than either of the punches I had. Oh well, you can't have everything!
  6. Next I punched a Scallop Circle out of Real Red and mounted the reindeer on that.
  7. To finish it all off, I punched a small hole in the reindeer tag and tied a piece of silver cord through the tag and one of the holes in the scallop border from Step 2.
  8. Finally, everything is layered and adhered to the card and the card is mounted on the Real Red quarter sheet mentioned back at the beginning.

Hope they like it!

Labels: ,