This is the result of "New set fever". Twyla, my pal since forever, was over a while back and we'd just unpacked our latest shipment of stampin' goodies. This set, Fabulous Flowers, is one of my picks and I really love the cards that I've made with it so far. I'm a sucker for flowers anyway, but this one is so fun.
The card base is Baja Breeze layered on Cranberry Crisp. Note: if you don't have the latter, Really Rust would be a good substitute.
The designer paper is from an assortment by Cloud 9 Design called Cinnamon Stick, buttons are from Foofala and the ribbon is Martha Stewart. Okay, so onto the instructions!
- Using the Versamark, stamp the large flower randomly on the card front and set aside.
- Since my card is layered on Cranberry Crisp, I stamped the largest flower with that color. If you substitute Really Rust for the Cranberry backing layer, then do the same with your flower. Stamp all flowers on Whisper White and ready your scissors!
- The medium flower is stamped twice in Chocolate Chip with the second one stamped off once for a slightly lighter shade. Stamp this same flower a third time with Groovy Guava.
- Stamp the smallest flower twice with Chocolate Chip.
- Cut out all of your flowers - 6 in all
- Layer the largest flower, the medium Groovy Guava flower and one of the small Chocolate Chip flowers and punch a small hole in the center for a brad. Use the brad to hold all three together- there's no need to glue them together- the brad will hold them in place.
- Layer two strips of Designer Paper cut 5.25 x 2 and 5.25 x 1 together.
- Tie ribbon around Designer Paper and tie in a bow slightly to one side. Adhere to card.
- Arrange flowers on card front as desired. Largest flower should be adhered directly to the card, but smaller flowers can be mounted on dimensionals.
- To finish, affix buttons with small glue dots.
Labels: Boho Style, Flowers, Martha Stewart, SU Sets