October Card Class

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, so I'm helping my card class get ready! This is the card we will be making in October. I try to teach them something a little different every time and this time I decided to pull out the sponges and see if they like getting their fingers dirty. Gee, maybe I should pass out rubber gloves...Nah! That would spoil the fun!
Really this is a pretty simple card. The stamps are all from Autumn Harvest with the exception of the greeting (Happy Fall-Crazy Stamps). The base is Very Vanilla sponged with Marigold Morning- love that color; it's such a warm, rich shade. The leaves and acorns are stamped along the edge of the card with Chocolate Chip and then sponged with Really Rust and Garden Green. The large pumpkin and the gourd are done the same way but the little gourd is cut out and mounted up on a dimensional. Hard to see in the picture-sorry! I sponged over the top of the pumpkin with the Marigold again too and then layered it on Really Rust and Chocolate Chip. Then I punched two holes for the brads, inserted those and set it aside for a minute. Next, I stamped the greeting with Chocolate Chip, punched it with the small oval punch and then layered it on a Really Rust oval. Ribbon came next wrapped around with the ends layered on the front of the card so they are hidden when the pumpkin piece was put in place. With that done I popped the Happy Fall ovals up with a dimensional or two and finished it off.
See? Easy! Hope they like it!

Labels: , , ,